We will be travelling from the southern tip of South Africa to Tanzania’s famous Spice Island, Zanzibar on an epic Overland journey through Africa.
Starting in Cape Town, we head through remote deserts, rolling savannas and lush mountains; cruise delta waterways by canoe, pass by the massive Victoria Falls and test the size of our balls in ‘The Devils Pool’.
We plan to meet the locals in rural villages and even stay a few nights with some indigenous, nomadic tribes.
We have a few safaris through national parks in search of elephants, lions and hippos – even night time ones!!
Finally stopping to relax on pristine beaches and sample exotic cuisine, spices and traditional treats in Zanzibar on this all-encompassing African adventure.
Some of the highlights…
- Scramble to the top of one of the world’s highest sand dunes in Sesriem
- Visit the seal colonies of Cape Cross near Spitzkoppe
- Spot exotic wildlife on a full days game drive through Etosha National Park
- Glide down Botswana’s Okavango Delta on a makoro – traditional canoe
- Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe viewpoint – and test our courage in the ‘Devils pool’
- Explore the bustling city of Harare
- Chill out, snorkel and swim with dolphins and turtles on the northern beaches of Zanzibar, enjoying the white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean before heading inland for spice tours and a week long stay in the beautiful, old city of Stone Town Zanzibar